Friday, May 2, 2014

don't need y'all

You know what I don't get? Why people spread rumours. Especially rumours that are so outrageously false that as soon as the subject of the rumours hears it, they laugh. I'll admit I've heard and passed on some rumours back in high school but never have I stooped so low that I've made up rumours about someone else.

I wanted year 12 to be my best and happiest year of high school so that I could look back and remember the times I've had there. Instead, things happened and that contributed to it being a not so good year. I had rumours spread about me that involved my really personal life and obviously I was devastated. I didn't want to confront anyone about them because I didn't know what I would say. Instead, I chose to stay quiet and even resorted to talking to less people. I became so scared of talking to others in case they would silently judge me based on the rumours. I hated it. I just wanted to know who started the rumours so I could ask them why.

Eventually after graduating high school, I put everything behind me and embraced the space I had from everyone I knew. I was glad to get away from all that dirty talk and it's been fine. I'd assumed everyone stopped talking about the rumours because it was old news but recently, I heard about some other versions of the rumours from back in high school. And let me just say, they are fucking ridiculous. They were so stupid that I didn't care. In fact, I laughed at them. If people want to talk, then talk. I'm living the yoli (hi jess) life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment