Monday, April 28, 2014

piece of cake

I wish the mid-sem break lasted just a tad longer than it did. Although I did enjoy the fact that I didn't waste any day of it doing nothing at home, I wish I spent more time remembering that I actually had assignments due the week after. Since I have nothing better to do right now (like my essay and my report), I think I'll just use this post to recount the little adventures I had during the break.

On the last day of uni before the actual break (Wednesday) I made the trek to Newtown with Cynthia to try the famous 'watermelon and strawberry cake' (pictured below) that almost everyone I know has been raving so much about. When we arrived at Newtown, we were (or I in particular) so bad at directions that I resorted to Google maps to locate the little cafe for us. Eventually we found it and I remember thinking that it was smaller than I imagined it would be. We ordered one portion of the cake each and sat on the cute little vintage stools outside to eat it but not before we made sure to take at least 10 photos each for Instagram. I don't think many of you know but I'm not really a dessert person so if you ask me how the cake was, I'd say I'd rather eat the chocolate mud cake from Woolies. I'm not saying it was bad, I'm just saying it's not the best cake ever and that people hype it up too much. However, if you want to try it, go for it! I mean it's not often you get watermelon as a layer of a cake.

After the cake-eating, the both of us walked up and down Newtown to explore the many cool stores and restaurants it boasts. Eventually it was time for my Advanced Writing and Research seminar (yawn) so I had to let Cynthia loose at campus while I went to class. On the train ride home after class, Jess texted and asked if we wanted to come clubbing for Bobina's birthday and we replied yes which leads us to the next day...




No comments:

Post a Comment