Monday, April 28, 2014

on a night like this

Day two of my break began with me frantically trying to complete my journal article so I can be uni-free and ready for the night to come. Adding to the stress of my journal came the stress of searching for the right party attire. You see, the thing is, I've never been clubbing before so I had no idea what to expect. But anyway, fast forward a few hours and you see me and Cynthia taking the 6pm train to Town Hall making our way to McDonalds at Darling Harbour for a quick dinner. There, we saw many groups of people our age dressed in all white. We assumed they were going to the White Party that was on on the same night as well. I remember the cashier at Maccas joked that the groups dressed in white belonged in the Backstreet Boy era. I found that funny.

Eventually we met up with Jess and Huynh to check into the hotel located in China Town. The room was spacey and comfortable if it were only for two people. In reality, we were to fit around 17 in there. I don't remember much that happened during the night probably because around this time the alcohol were brought out. I just know it was loud and crazy.

It took us all a while to finally head to Chinese Laundry and when we got there, there was no line. Again, I don't remember much here except that I only stayed in there for 10 or so minutes before I went out with some others. At the time, I was glad that I got out but now that I think about it, I wish I'd had stayed in there a while longer because after all, it was my first clubbing experience. Nonetheless, I had a lot of fun back at the hotel. At around 3AM, I went out to Town Hall to grab some late night snacks from Hungry Jacks with Cynthia, Jess and Will. I don't think I've ever been at the city past midnight. It was rowdy and crowded with drunks and police officers. What a sight!

None of us slept until at least 4am but I guess that was to be expected. The next morning, some of us headed to Yum Cha for recovery brunch. And that just about concludes one very awesome night.

Slept in a bed with four people but eventually got kicked off because it was so squishy! (Photo: William)

No comments:

Post a Comment