Saturday, December 14, 2013

Nostalgia

I love board games. With all this technology around in today's time, finding an old board game is equivalent to striking a gold mine. I took them for granted when I was younger. Now that I'm older and know how to play by the rules, I find them more stimulating and worth my time. I had a game night the other night and we played Monopoly. Monopoly was never my favourite game mainly because I felt it took too long, had complicated rules and buying houses and hotels seemed boring. Now that I understand it (though I still play mindlessly), I've come to enjoy it. Also, this was the first time I've finished and won a game. It was a proud moment.

Tonight, I played Scrabble and Chinese Checkers. I thought these two games could be played with no strategy and brain power but I totally underestimated them. You never know the true potential of your vocabulary until you're forced to use it in Scrabble.

But yeah, let's organise another game night some time!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment