Monday, February 24, 2014

Summer Adventures

Hello hello!

I haven't blogged in ages! I'd like to say it's because I've been out on many new adventures but we all know that's a lie. I've just been lazy. I've really enjoyed this Summer holidays. I'm pretty sure that's due to the fact that I've been out more than I've stayed in.

This trip was so out of the blue and unplanned that it ended up being one of the most relaxing days of the holidays. We went to La Perouse with our swimwear, a roasted Woolies chicken, doritoes, coke, potato chips, coleslaw, pasta salad and no utensils (how dumb). We didn't end up swimming because me and Cynthia were at our time of the month while the guys.. lazy. So basically, we spent the whole day hanging under the pier with a deck of cards playing Go Fish. How ironic. We had the whole ocean there for us to actually go fish but here we were fishing with cards. But anyway, I had a nice day that day.
Spontaneity results in the best days. And this day, me and Jess were planning to meet up for lunch but ended up grabbing Maccas and driving all the way to Garie beach to look for the octopus she found last time she went. HOWEVER we decided to go for a swim since the water was basically calling for us LOL we didn't bring any swimwear or towels but that didn't stop us. There was this one second where I saw a plastic bag and panicked thinking it was a giant jellyfish. After we started getting wrinkly, we explored the rock pools and ended up finding the most beautiful little pool I've seen. We swam in there for a while before we left. 


I never thought I'd see the day where I'd willingly participate in a hike. Although I may have regretted my decision while walking out of breath up the steep-ass stairs, I definitely don't regret it now. It was beautiful! I haven't been to the Blue Mountains in a long time and yesterday was refreshing. Seeing the waterfall was breathtaking (literally) and the mountains of trees omggg. None of the photos I took did the actual scenery any justice so it's probably better if you go see it for yourself! But remember to prepare your legs beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment